[Edlib] Updates to web databases, Cunningham Library, and release of AED 2009

Hughes, Stuart Hughes at acer.edu.au
Thu Dec 11 11:30:15 EST 2008

Dear subscribers to Ed-Lib

Just a note to let you know the Cunningham Library's databases and
services have been updated:

*** IDP Database of Research on International Education ***
*** http://www.idp.com/research/database_of_research.aspx ***

In December the Database of Research on International Education moved to
its new home on the IDP Education website. ACER is thrilled to have
IDP's involvement with the Database. The latest monthly update has 61
new records on international education - there are now over 7700 records
in DRIE, on all aspects of international/export/transnational education
and international students. We would be grateful if you could update any
links you have to the IDP Database of Research on International
Education, and point to the URL above. We would be pleased to have the
IDP Database included in any lists of education databases you maintain,
and happy for you to draw it to the attention of any of your colleagues
working in education faculties, international offices, or with
international students. Thanks!

*** Australasian Education Directory 2009 ***

The Australasian Education Directory will be available shortly and can
now be purchased online at:
http://shop.acer.edu.au/acer-shop/product/A4091BK

EdResearch Online
http://cunningham.acer.edu.au/dbtw-wpd/sample/edresearch.htm
62 new records for Australian journal articles - there are now 20872
articles in the database that can be purchased online for $22.00 and
dispatched to your email account. As well as the pay-per-view material,
the database also includes over 4200 articles from freely accessible
Australian education e-journals. There are now over 25,100 articles
listed in EdResearch Online.

Education Research Theses (ERT)
http://www.acer.edu.au/library/theses.html
34 new records for theses. Details of new theses in any format are
welcome all year round, email ert at acer.edu.au with questions and
submissions. Those of you without the luxury of an ERT subscription can
browse the "digital" theses added to ERT at
http://www.acer.edu.au/library/acquisitions/digit-theses.html
Each month this list refreshes with the most recent digital/online
theses we have indexed at the top. Hopefully there is something in your
areas of interest. This does not list theses only available in print -
for details of these, please consult the AEI or ERT.

Australian Education Index (AEI)
In all, 516 new records were created for the Australian Education Index
(and A+) in November, over 180 of them online fulltext documents. These
records have been dispatched to vendors for uploading into the various
versions of the AEI. With December indexing continuing up until
Christmas, we are on track to have more than 7500 records in AEI 2008.

Best wishes for 2009,

Stuart

Stuart Hughes
Cunningham Library
Australian Council for Educational Research
Private Bag 55
Camberwell VIC 3124
Australia

t: 03 9277 5546
f: 03 9277 5500
e: hughes at acer.edu.au
http://www.acer.edu.au/library

A+Education, the plus-text Australian Education Index
*	Access to over 45,000 fulltext documents on Australian
education.
*	Search over 170,000 documents on Australian education.
*	See http://www.informit.com.au/plustext_AEIPT.html for a trial
and quote.

Ask your librarian about using A+Education today!