[Edlib] Updates to web databases, Cunningham Library

Hughes, Stuart Hughes at acer.edu.au
Thu Jul 17 15:04:18 EST 2008

Dear subscribers to Ed-Lib

Just a note to let you know the Cunningham Library's databases have been
updated:

EdResearch Online
http://cunningham.acer.edu.au/dbtw-wpd/sample/edresearch.htm
233 new records for Australian journal articles - there are now 19686
articles in the database that can be purchased online for $22.00 and
dispatched to your email account. As well as the pay-per-view material,
the database also includes over 4000 articles from freely accessible
Australian education e-journals. There are now over 23,500 articles in
total in EdResearch Online.

Education Research Theses (ERT)
http://www.acer.edu.au/library/theses.html
26 new records for theses. Details of new theses in any format are
welcome all year round, email ert at acer.edu.au with questions and
submissions. Those of you without the luxury of an ERT subscription can
browse the "digital" theses added to ERT at
http://www.acer.edu.au/library/acquisitions/digit-theses.html
Each month this list refreshes with the most recent digital/online
theses we have indexed at the top. Hopefully there is something in your
areas of interest. This does not list theses only available in print -
for details of these, please consult the AEI or ERT.

Database of Research on International Education (DRIE)
http://cunningham.acer.edu.au/dbtw-wpd/textbase/ndrie/ndrie.html
70 new records on international education - there are now over 7340
records in DRIE, on all aspects of international/export/transnational
education and international students.

Australian Education Index (AEI)
In all, 736 new records were created for the Australian Education Index
(and A+) in June, over 270 of them online fulltext documents. These
records have been dispatched to vendors for uploading into the various
versions of the AEI.

During the month we did some fresh calculations of the fulltext
component of Informit's A+Education (the "plus text" AEI) as a
percentage of the whole database. For the entire A+ database, back to
1978 and earlier, 26% of records are available in fulltext. For recent
years, the percentage is of course much higher - 58% of A+ records since
2000 are there in fulltext. Of course, over half of these are "linked"
fulltext, on servers outside the control of ACER or Informit, so there
is always a small percentage that go either temporarily or permanently
offline in between our URL checking. Sometimes it is a temporary thing
and they are being relocated, sometimes the content has been removed
from the web altogether. Our URL checks are done approximately once a
month, and the checking software relies on individual websites using
correctly formatted "404 file not found" messages, which doesn't always
happen. We are always interested in hearing about any broken links you
may come across in our databases so we can fix them ASAP.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart Hughes
Cunningham Library
Australian Council for Educational Research
Private Bag 55
Camberwell VIC 3124
Australia

t: 03 9277 5546
f: 03 9277 5500
e: hughes at acer.edu.au
http://www.acer.edu.au/library

*** Out now ****
The 2008 Australasian Education Directory
http://shop.acer.edu.au/acer-shop/product/A4026BK

e: hughes at acer.edu.au
http://www.acer.edu.au/library

A+Education, the plus-text Australian Education Index
*	Access to over 44,000 fulltext documents on Australian
education.
*	Search over 167,000 documents on Australian education.
*	See http://www.informit.com.au/plustext_AEIPT.html for a trial
and quote.

Ask your librarian about using A+Education today!