[Rasch] More about George William Rasch

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Wed Dec 21 06:40:52 EST 2005

Dear All:

Thank you for your assistance. It seems that almost all Internet references
to George William Rasch go back to Lina Olsen's Dissertation at
www.rasch.org/olsen.pdf

So I checked with her. She writes:

Dear Mike
Yes, I can confirm that. I got the information about Georg Rasch's middle
name, William, and his father's first name, Vilhelm, from a Danish
encyclopaedia (Dansk biografisk leksikon).
Best wishes, lina

So I googled: "dansk biografisk leksikon rasch georg"

And found what appears to be the only entry on the Internet independent of
Olsen's work: http://www.henrikkragh.dk/hom/dbl.html (cached text)

Matematikere og matematik-relaterede personer fra Dansk Biografisk Leksikon
(DBL)
Rasch, Georg William 1901-1980

Instances in his correspondence have been found in which Rasch identifies
himself as Georg, George, GR and G. Rasch - but nothing, even on
semi-official documents, with a middle name. So if anyone finds anything in
which Georg Rasch uses a middle name or initial  himself (or is so listed
in one of his publications etc.), please let us all know.

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT: 19:3 Winter