[Rasch] Establishing validity for standardized case examinations

Valerie Been Lober, PhD diplomate at aboi.org
Sat Apr 15 00:16:11 EST 2006

In addition to administering written MCQ examinations, our organization
offers standardized patient cases.  Dentists wishing to become Board
certified must pass both examinations. We are just completing our second
practice analysis to serve as the basis for these examinations.  For the
written exam, we have test specifications that spell out the proportion of
items that should appear on the written for each patient care activity.

However, I am unclear on the best way to translate the results of the
practice analysis to the standardized-patient case examination.  Could
someone direct me to relevant articles?  Thank you.

My best regards,

Valerie Been Lober, Ph.D., Executive Director
American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 750-B
Chicago, Il 60611
Voice 312-335-8793  Fax 312-335-9045
diplomate at aboi.org