FW: [Rasch] Color paper and DIF

Looveer, Juho Juho.Looveer at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Aug 28 10:37:00 EST 2006

Dr Juho Looveer
Manager, Data Collection
Planning and Innovation
Level 5, 35 Bridge St Sydney
GPO Box 33
Sydney NSW 2001
work phone: 956 18192
fax: 956 18055
Juho.Looveer at det.nsw.edu.au

________________________________

From: Harrison, Leanne
Sent: Monday, 28 August 2006 9:41 AM
To: Looveer, Juho
Subject: Re: [Rasch] Color paper and DIF

Good morning Juho
I don't know of any research papers on how colour effects test
functioning  - I do however have a couple of old references on related
matters which may be helpful.
Wheildon, C (1990) Communicating or Just Making Pretty Shapes: North
Sydney: Newspaper Advertising Bureau of Australia. And
Wanta, Wayne: and other (1992) Young Readers and the Newspaper: Factors
Affecting Information Recall and Perceived Enjoyment, Readability and
Attractiveness. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Association
for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication 75th, Montreal,
Quebec, Canada, August 5-8, 1992.
I know they are a little old but it may be of use. If you hear of any
recent material on this or related matters could you flick it my way
please.
Hope you are well.
All the best
Leanne