[Rasch] Local Item Dependence

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 22:17:18 EST 2006

Dear list members,
  I’d be grateful for your comments on this issue:
  I have analysed a set of locally dependent items twice, ones as dependent dichotomous items and once in test-lets as independent polytomous items.
  The person measures in the two analyses vary in an interesting way:
  the low-ability students have higher measures in the polytomous analysis. For the middle ability group the two measures almost overlap and the high-ability students have higher measures on the dichotomous analysis.
  Is this natural?
  Does anyone have a clue why it’s like this?
  Thanks
  Anthony