[Rasch] Threshol Disordering

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 18 21:19:07 EST 2006

Dear List members,
  I'd be thankful for your expert comments on this.
  I have Rasch analysed a language test which is called the “cloze
test”. It has the following form:

  “The English language today _____ many distinct centres,
self-governing ____ with their own standards. The two ____ important are, of ____,
the United Kingdom in terms of ____, and the United States in ____ of
population.

.”

  The students are to supply the missing words in the text. There are 4
texts and each have 25 gaps.
  I have used rating scale model. Each text is a polytomous item with
25 categories.
  There is disordering in the thresholds of the test (but not in the
average measures).
  How can this be interpreted in the context of a cloze test?
  Thanks in adavnce
  Anthony