[Rasch] Threshol Disordering

David Andrich D.Andrich at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Dec 19 00:18:50 EST 2006

Anthony. First, if you mean by the rating scale model that you have constrained all the thresholds to be the same across items, except for the locations of the items, then I think you should use what is called the partial credit model which has different threshold values.
The reversed thresholds indicate that there is a kind of response dependence, so that responses, for any given person, tend to be similar giving scores at the extremes.
One recent reference is the latest Rasch measurement transactions where I have a page on that.
David