[Rasch] Threshol Disordering

Jack Stenner jstenner at lexile.com
Tue Dec 19 01:54:32 EST 2006

Anthony,

Fit of your data to a Rasch Model does not answer the fundamental
validity question: What causes the variation that your instrument
detects? Try this as a beginning in answering that question. Restore the
clozed text and put each individual passage through the Lexile Analyzer
which can be used for free at Lexile.com. The Lexile calibration for
each passage is your provisional answer to the question regarding what
causes the variation in person measures your instrument detects. Now,
regress the empirical passage difficulties on the Lexile text measures
and see if the their is good agreement between observation and theory.
With only four texts your answer is provisional, but it is a start.
Best   Jack