FW: [Rasch] Threshol Disordering

Stephanou, Andrew Stephanou at acer.edu.au
Tue Dec 19 12:50:04 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: lang at stpt.usf.edu [mailto:lang at stpt.usf.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 December 2006 12:36 AM
To: Anthony James
Cc: rasch
Subject: Re: [Rasch] Threshol Disordering

Anthony:

I suspect you would be better off with 1.) deciding on a "correct
answer"
and scoring dichotomously or 2.) chosing a partial credit model.

There are good discussions and examples in "Introduction to Rasch
Measurement" of different models, and other papers and aricles are
available.

My use of Close tests usually has a list of words to chose from making
the test dichotomous scoring, but even if it were open-ended, I doubt I
would use the rating scale model.

I wonder if Jack Stenner (Lexiles) has any experience with Close Tests;
he may have some other insights.

Steve Lang
University of South Florida