[Rasch] Number of options in survey questions

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 07:17:59 EST 2006

In all our cases we've seen that people doesn't respond at the central category. it doesn't matter if you have 4 or 6 categories in our questionnaires we don't see tendencies to answer at the center, instead people tend to answer at the extreme categories.
  In the original document by Likert there are many scales with 5 categories.
  regards
  Agustin Tristan

Michael Lamport Commons <commons at tiac.net> wrote:
  Me too. I always use 4 or 6