[Rasch] many facet Rasch model

Gracia, Susan sgracia at ric.edu
Fri Mar 10 07:20:57 EST 2006

Hello-

I am interested in using the many-facet Rasch model to study the ratings of judges of student exhibitions.  I am wondering how much overlap among raters is necessary.  In the setting I am interested in, I have 40 panels of 5 raters.  Each panel judges 5 students’ exhibitions.  Each panel stays “intact” (i.e., judges do not move around at all during judging, so there is no mixing of panels).  Is it possible to use the many facet Rasch model with this set up, or does there have to be overlapping of judges on more than one panel?

Any guidance you could give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Susan Gracia, PhD

Associate Professor

Educational Leadership Program

Dept. of Counseling, Educational Leadership, and School Psychology

Adams 103

Rhode Island College

600 Mount Pleasant Avenue

Providence, RI 02908-1991