[Rasch] many facet Rasch model

Barth Riley barthr at uic.edu
Fri Mar 10 07:36:21 EST 2006

Hi Susan

What will most likely happen is that Facets will be unable to link ratings
of exhibitions across panels. Therefore, it will not be possible to compare
an exhibit rated by panel #1 to an exhibit rated by panel #2, etc. If data
collection is still ongoing, I would strongly encourage moving raters to
multiple panels to ensure a linkage across panels. The alternative strategy
is to randomly assign raters to panels. Then we would assume that the panels
are "randomly equivalent" and then anchor each panel to a common logit
value, typically 0. 'This group anchoring method can sometimes, though not
always, allow disjointed subsets in the data to be connected by Facets.
Generally, the more overlap, the better.

Barth

Barth Riley, Ph.D.

Res. Asst. Professor & Associate Program Director

Dept. of Disability and Human Development M/C 626

University of Illinois-Chicago

1640 W. Roosevelt Rd.

Chicago, IL 60608

Voice (312) 355-4054