[Rasch] About scale validity

Michael Lamport Commons commons at tiac.net
Tue Mar 21 14:02:29 EST 2006

Read Fisher.

My Best,

Michael Lamport Commons, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor
Program in Psychiatry and the Law
Department of Psychiatry
Harvard Medical School
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
234 Huron Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138-1328

Telephone (617) 497-5270
Facsimile (617) 491-5270
Commons at tiac.net
http://dareassociation.org/

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Agustin Tristan
  To: -Rasch
  Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:58 PM
  Subject: [Rasch] About scale validity

  Hello!
  I have prepared a paper concerning the concept that I consider has to be called "scale validity". The reviewers ask me to provide further references about scale validity, but I do not find more references, except the papers from Raykov related to structural equation modeling and the scale concept by Ben Wright; nevertheless I don't find  clear references about "scale validity", in several papers it is included as part of content validity, quality of item parameters (specifically item discrimination), and partially in predictive validity. If somebody could have a reference concerning this topic I shall appreciate very much. I promise to send a copy of the paper once it is accepted (I hope it will be accepeted!).
  Regards
  Agustin Tristan

  FAMILIA DE PROGRAMAS KALT.
  Mariano Jiménez 1830 A