[Rasch] About scale validity

Paul Barrett p.barrett at xtra.co.nz
Tue Mar 21 16:36:14 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Agustin Tristan <mailto:ici_kalt at yahoo.com>
To: -Rasch <mailto:rasch at acer.edu.au>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: [Rasch] About scale validity

Hello!
I have prepared a paper concerning the concept that I consider has to be
called "scale validity". The reviewers ask me to provide further references
about scale validity, but I do not find more references, except the papers
from Raykov related to structural equation modeling and the scale concept
by Ben Wright; nevertheless I don't find  clear references about "scale
validity", in several papers it is included as part of content validity,
quality of item parameters (specifically item discrimination), and
partially in predictive validity. If somebody could have a reference
concerning this topic I shall appreciate very much.

  _____