[RE][Rasch] JAM Reviewers

Michaela Wagner-Menghin michaela.wagner at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 12 04:23:25 EST 2006

Hi Jason,
We used to have a similar procedure for the exam 'Psychological
Assessment' in our master program. Tests were drawn out of a bank of OE
items, that were accessible by all students visiting a student's service
point.
We experienced the following advantages: Everybody has the possibility to
prepare according to the questions. And there are no doubts concerning the
nature of the questions.

However, we also experienced some disadvantages: A lot of unauthorized
preparation material got published. It gave sample answers, but some of
them were not correct. Sometimes several students wrote exactly the same
wrong sample answer as given by the unauthorized preparation material.
This was the case especially for difficult items. But there were
definitely also correct sample answers.

Regards
Michaela
(Faculty of Psychology (Vienna, Austria)