[Rasch] Separability of parameters

Snider-Lotz, Tom tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
Thu Sep 28 02:39:01 EST 2006

Hello everybody -

I recently read a manuscript that said the Rasch model was the only one
that featured separability of parameters.  One inference I make from
that statement is that, for 2PL and 3PL models, the IRT item parameters
are somewhat dependent of the sample on which they are developed.  Is
that correct, or do I misunderstand this (as I often do).

Thanks, all.

 -- Tom Snider-Lotz

________________________________

Thomas G. Snider-Lotz, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
PreVisor
1805 Old Alabama Road, Suite 150
Roswell, GA 30076
T:678.832.0555 F:770.642.6115
www.previsor.com
tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
<https://mail.qwiz.com/signatures/tsnider-lotz.jpg>
<http://www.previsor.com/signature>
DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any attachment(s), is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its
attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. Thank
you.