[Rasch] Incredible comments on Rasch

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Sat Sep 30 18:20:47 EST 2006

On the general topic of measurement and attitude/behavior, we can go back
to "The Measurement of Attitude" by Thurstone & Chave (1929).

Reanalysis of their data using Rasch methodology yields findings equivalent
to theirs, but they report in "proportions" and "similarities" what we
would report in logits.

And there is "Attitudes Can Be Measured." American Journal of Sociology 33,
(1928): 529-554, along with other Thurstone papers in "The Measurement of
Values".
And this Thurstone paper - which is new to me:
http://spartan.ac.brocku.ca/~lward/Thurstone/Thurstone_1929.html - "The
Measurement of Psychological Value"

Mike Linacre