[Rasch] unfolding models and Rasch

David Andrich david.andrich at uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 29 11:23:53 EST 2007

Donald. Yes, unfolding sounds right. The references which show the folding
of the Rasch model to the unfolding model are below:

Andrich, D. & Luo, G. (1993). A hyperbolic cosine latent trait model for
unfolding dichotomous single-stimulus responses. Applied Psychological
Measurement, 17 (3), 253-276.

Andrich, D. (1995). Hyperbolic cosine latent trait models for unfolding
direct-responses and pairwise preferences. Applied Psychological
Measurement, 19(3), 269-290.

Luo, G (1998)   A general formulation for unidimensionalunfolding and
pairwise preference models: Making explicit the latitude of acceptance.
Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 42,  400 - 417.

Luo, G. (2000) A joint maximum likelihood estimation procedure for the
hyperbolic cosine model of single-stimulus responses. Applied Psychological
Measurement, 24, 33-49.

We have a program for analysing pairwise preference unfolding data.

All the best
David

David Andrich, BSc., MEd. (UWA), PhD (Chic), FASSA
Chapple Chair, Graduate School of Education
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley  6009
Western AUSTRALIA
Telephone: +61 (0) 8 6488 1085
Fax:          +61 (0) 8 6488 1052
MBDP: M428
Email: david.andrich at uwa.edu.au
On line Rasch measurement course July - November 2007
http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/httpwww.education.uwa.edu.aunews/on_line_cou
rse
3rd International Conference in Rasch measurement, Perth, Australia
http://www.education.uwa.edu.au/httpwww.education.uwa.edu.aunews/rasch_confe
rence
www.matildabayclub.net