[Rasch] Modeling sequenced data

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Sat Dec 8 21:37:56 EST 2007

Theo:

Thank you for asking for our input. Your sequence task appears to be
equivalent to rank-ordering the statements.

A straight forward approach is to conceptualize the statements as "items",
each complete ordering as a "person" row, and the data as Andrich rating
scale data on a rating scale from 1 to 10.

It can be shown that this approach introduces some bias into the estimates
relative to a strict Rasch rank-order model, but the difference is not
meaningful for practical purposes. See JAM 7:1 p. 129-136.

Mike Linacre