[Rasch] NCLB, anchor items, and a Common Core (was: how many anchor items do I need)

Steven L. Kramer skramer1958 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 14 02:14:05 EST 2007

Stuart,

I'd expect that the NAEP people would be involved.  The point is to realize
that setting standards behind a high stakes test is a very important and
value-laden activity, requiring lots of expertise in student learning, in
coherent development of content, etc.--so lots of experts need to be
involved.  If theirs is only one voice among many, I suspect that the NAEP
people would have useful input to offer.

Steve