[Rasch] Item format and model choice

Andrés Burga León 21781 at upch.edu.pe
Mon Jun 4 10:28:45 EST 2007

Hello to everybody:

I want to know your advice about how to store and model data from a
vocabulary test for children. The items are organized in a two column
format:

The first column has two words and the second tree pictures. The task is to
draw a line from each word to the corresponding picture. Each correct word
is one point.

 I have two options:

1.	use the dichotomous items model
2.	use the partial credit model

In 1. each correct word is one point. I think that whit this options, the
problem is that the words are not locally independent (one item is two words
and tree pictures)

In 2. I could give the person 1 point if correctly joints one of the word
with the pictures, and two point for both words. But with this I could not
have a measure for each of the words.

I want to here your opinions about which options is better

Kind regards

Andrés

Mg. Andrés Burga León

Profesor Asociado