[Rasch] Rescaling measures

Snider-Lotz, Tom tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
Wed Mar 7 02:31:01 EST 2007

I'd appreciate some advice from folks familiar with Winsteps.  Michael
Linacre has provided extensive help files on this subject, but I want to
be sure I understand.

I'm comparing the responses of various cultural groups on a specific
instrument.  One of my reference articles had a similar aim, and in
order to compare the groups they "rescaled our measures so that the mean
item difficulty was anchored at 50 and a shift in 10 units up or down
the measure equaled a shift in one logit."  Would this be accomplished
by analyzing the data from each group separately and setting UMEAN=50
and USCALE=10 in the command file?  Do I need to do more than this?

Thank you in advance.

 -- Tom Snider-Lotz

________________________________

Thomas G. Snider-Lotz, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
PreVisor
1805 Old Alabama Road, Suite 150
Roswell, GA 30076
T:678.832.0555 F:770.642.6115
www.previsor.com
tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
<https://atlmail.previsor.com/signatures/tsnider-lotz.jpg>
<http://www.previsor.com/signature>
DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any attachment(s), is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its
attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. Thank
you.