[Rasch] FW: Item order

janescott at iprimus.com.au janescott at iprimus.com.au
Fri Mar 9 11:09:52 EST 2007

Thank you everyone for your advice.

Just a bit more information that might help you understand what I am doing.

All items are on a 5 point Likert scale. Items to do with feelings and arousal
have a scale which measures intensity. So instead of SD-SA, responses are
recorded as being "never", "a couple of times", "a few times", "often" or
"throughout the movie". For other items to do with cognitive effort and pleasure/liking,
the scale is a more traditional 5 point likert "strongly disagree to strongly
agree".

I am not sure if this will affect feedback that has been given to me, but
many people have assumed that my items were dichotomous "yes/no" or that
people picked just one of those feelings - eg. good, happy, elated - to agree
with. Rather, I am interested in how people agree with, or how intensely
they feel, each item.

Finally, I am quite open to splitting the sample and having different versions
of the questionnaire. Especially since my next stage is a pilot, so I do
have some flexibility. What sample sizes do you think I would need for each
version to make testing and analysis viable?

Many thanks in advance,
Jane