[Rasch] Interpretation of Item Plot

Stephanou, Andrew Stephanou at acer.edu.au
Tue Mar 27 14:45:17 EST 2007

Greg,

For the sake of clarity, could you please explain what you mean by transitional and modal categories?  Does the Rasch model make such a distinction?

I believe average measure refers to the mean ability for the people in each category.  Mean ability is expected to increase with category and it is a necessary condition for fit but not sufficient.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Stephanou
ACER