[Rasch] Empirically scored Likert scale

Snider-Lotz, Tom tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
Tue May 1 00:16:15 EST 2007

I'm working with two empirically scored datasets, one using a Likert
scale and one using a MC format.  I've got the same question regarding
each, but I'll make them separate queries to avoid confusion.

The Likert scale assessment is a personality instrument with five
standard Likert options, SD to SA.  An empirical key has been developed,
so that different items are scored differently.  All items scores are on
a 3-point scale (0, 1, or 2).  So for one item, SD and D might be worth
zero, Neutral is worth 1, and A and SA are worth 2 points.  For another
item, SD, D, and neutral are worth zero, A is worth 1, and SA is worth
2.

What is the best approach to analyzing these data?

Thanks for any help you can give.

 -- Tom Snider-Lotz

________________________________

Thomas G. Snider-Lotz, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist
PreVisor
1805 Old Alabama Road, Suite 150
Roswell, GA 30076
T:678.832.0555 F:770.642.6115
www.previsor.com
tsnider-lotz at previsor.com
<https://atlmail.previsor.com/signatures/tsnider-lotz.jpg>
<http://www.previsor.com/signature>
DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any attachment(s), is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its
attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. Thank
you.