[Rasch] Not a Fan of Lexiles?

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Fri Nov 2 10:13:24 EST 2007

Dear Paul et al,
But I wonder whether my more "examine those expectations & predictive
accuracy maximization approach" would have achieved even greater
utility without so many assumptions being made about the structure of
the data?
Well that is an empirical issue. Chan and Bode produced the goods
when the field has failed...and you have produced no attempt.

Once you treat data models as "optional", and focus on the problem to
be solved rather than forcing a single data model to be applied to
it, all kinds of analysis and solution options open up.

But, I guess if your primary goal, or your perception of a
problem-solution is to create a quantitatively structured latent
variable, then a data-model approach is mandatory, with
the appropriate indicators of model fit.
The field seems to be pretty well affixed to: creating a
quantitatively structured latent variable. That's what the DEX is. It
is the standard indicator in the field. The Chan and Bode Rasch
analysis reveals some primary evidence about why the dysexecutive
functioning index is dysfunctional.

QED

best wishes, Paul

TGB