[Rasch] PROMS 2008 TOKYO

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Thu Nov 22 11:53:37 EST 2007

Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium (PROMS)

We are delighted to announce that the PROMS (Pacific Rim Objective
Measurement Symposium) annual symposium for 2008 will be held in
TOKYO Japan.
	PROMS 2008 - Tokyo
	Ochanomizu University
	2-1-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku
	Tokyo, JP

	Symposium: Fri 1 to Sun 3 Aug 2008
	Rasch software workshops on Thurs 31 July 2008.

PROMS 2008 will be held at Ochanomizu University in Tokyo.
http://www.ocha.ac.jp/index-e.html The conference website is
currently under development, and is not yet ready to accept
registrations or paper proposals. We hope to be ready to accept and
review proposals in January, 2008. Mark your calendar and check for
flights, now!

PROMS 2008 will have a special strand dedicated to Language Learning
and Testing, featuring Plenary presentations by:
o	Dr Jack Stenner - Metametrics Inc. &
o	Prof Tim McNamara Melbourne University

PROMS (Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium) is an annual
non-governmental professional meeting established to promote
objective measurement and contribute to the research and development
of Rasch measurement in the Pacific Rim. PROMS is an annual symposium
aiming to provide a forum for the sharing of new knowledge with the
international community. Rasch measurement workshops are usually
attached to PROMS meetings. Previous PROMS Conferences have been held
in Malaysia (2005), Hong Kong (2006), and Taiwan (2007).

For the PROMS 2008 Team:
Edward Schaefer
Ochanomizu University
schaefer.edward at ocha.ac.jp

Jim Sick
J. F. Oberlin University, Tokyo
jimsick at iname.com

Christopher Weaver
Jissen Women's University
ctwaway at hotmail.com

Jeff Durand
Kanda University of International Studies
jdurand at kanda.kuis.ac.jp
--
Trevor G BOND Ph D
Professor and Head of Dept