[Rasch] Validation & Rasch

Svend Kreiner S.Kreiner at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Nov 24 00:59:39 EST 2007

1) Do not forget to check that items are locally independent. Remember
that items may be locally dependent for other reasons than
multidimensionality.

2) There are several ways to check the assumption of unidimensionality,
e.g. the exploratory DETECT approach and Per Martin-Löef's confirmatory
test. The confirmatory test is particular important.

Best regards

Svend

Anthony James skrev:
> Hi,
> Looking over papers which have used Rasch methodology to validate
> tests, I found out a number of procedures for validating
> 1. Studying fit stats.
> 2. Checking threshold ordering
> 3. Assessing unidimensionality using PCA of residuals
> 4. Investigating DIF
> 5. Checking person measure invariance over subsets of the test
>
> Have I left anything out?
> Is there anything else that can be done?
> Thanks
> Anthony
>
> */Anthony James <luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com>/* wrote:
>
>     Hi there,
>     Does anyone know of any articles where the Rasch model is used for
>     valdating a newly developed test?
>     I'd be grateful for the electronic version of the paper if possible.
>     Thanks
>     Anthony

Svend Kreiner
Associate professor