[Rasch] Fan

Paul Barrett pbarrett at hoganassessments.com
Wed Oct 31 22:17:52 EST 2007

Hello Stephen, whether you agree or not, one fact at least seems to be
very clear:

>From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy ...

"Connectionism is a movement in cognitive science which hopes to explain
human intellectual abilities using artificial neural networks (also
known as 'neural networks' or 'neural nets'). Neural networks are
simplified models of the brain composed of large numbers of units (the
analogs of neurons) together with weights that measure the strength of
connections between the units. These weights model the effects of the
synapses that link one neuron to another. Experiments on models of this
kind have demonstrated an ability to learn such skills as face
recognition, reading, and the detection of simple grammatical
structure."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/connectionism/

Regards .. Paul
Paul Barrett                    918.749-0632 x 326
Chief Research Scientist            Skype: pbar088
Hogan Assessment Systems Inc.
2622 East 21st St., Tulsa, OK 74114

Email: pbarrett at hoganassessments.com
Web:   www.hoganassessments.com