[Rasch] Why are Rasch measures linear?

commons commons at tiac.net
Tue Sep 4 12:05:18 EST 2007

I have tried to do this with Rasch scaled stage scores and Orders of
Hierarchical Complexity.  One might think that the orders of hierarchical
complexity would all be equal distanced because each higher order organizes
two or more less hierarchically complex actions.  This is true of all
orders.  But we treat the order of hierarchical complexity as an ordinal.
Empirically we do not get equal spacing on the Rasch scale of item from the
same sequence.

MLC

  _____