[Rasch] Why are Rasch measures linear?

commons commons at tiac.net
Tue Sep 4 17:21:58 EST 2007

That was my point.

  _____

From: Trevor Bond [mailto:trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 10:18 PM
To: commons at tiac.net; 'Stephanou, Andrew'; 'Paul Barrett'; rasch at acer.edu.au
Subject: RE: [Rasch] Why are Rasch measures linear?

At 10:05 PM -0400 9/3/07, commons wrote:

I have tried to do this with Rasch scaled stage scores and Orders of
Hierarchical Complexity.  One might think that the orders of hierarchical
complexity would all be equal distanced because each higher order organizes
two or more less hierarchically complex actions.  This is true of all
orders.  But we treat the order of hierarchical complexity as an ordinal.
Empirically we do not get equal spacing on the Rasch scale of item from the
same sequence.

MLC

Your orders are not equi-distant Michael

but the Rasch logit interval are....

best

Trevor G BOND Ph D
Professor and Head of Dept
Educational Psychology, Counselling & Learning Needs

D2-2F-01A EPCL Dept.
Hong Kong Institute of Education
10 Lo Ping Rd, Tai Po
New Territories HONG KONG