[Rasch] Call for Papers: International Conference on Outcomes Measurement

Kate Langley klangl2 at uic.edu
Fri Apr 18 01:16:13 EST 2008

*************  CALL FOR PAPERS  *************
International Conference on Outcomes Measurement (ICOM)

The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the NIH Office of Behavioral
and Social Science Research (OBSSR), and the University of Illinois at
Chicago are pleased to announce the upcoming International Conference on
Outcomes Measurement (ICOM) to be held in Bethesda, Maryland, on September
11-13, 2008.  Please visit the ICOM website at www.icom-2008.org for an
application and complete information.  A conference flyer is attached.

ICOM’s theme this year is "Behavioral Health Measurement: From Theory to
Application."  We will review the science behind the measurement of
important constructs in substance use and behavioral health research,
while also exploring opportunities to improve the field with the new tools
available in psychometrics. Included among the speakers are: David
Andrich, Darrell Bock, Stephen Butler, David Cella, Karon Cook, Kimberly
Davis, Ann Doucette, Michael Dennis, Susan Embretson, Christine Fox,
Michael Fendrich, Robert Gibbons, Donald Hedeker, Allen Heinemann, Thomas
McLellan, Paul Pilkonis, Steven Reise, Barth Riley, Matthias Rose, Everett
Smith, Richard Smith, A. Jackson Stenner, Alan Tennant, David Thissen,
Otto Walter, John Ware, and Mark Wilson.

At this time, we are also seeking presenters for our sessions.  The Call
for Papers deadline is June 6, 2008. The full Call for Papers can be
accessed at www.icom-2008.org.

The conference will be held on September 11-13, 2008 at the Hyatt Regency
Bethesda, just outside Washington, D.C., with workshop sessions to be held
on September 9th, 10th, 13th and 14th. Should you have any questions,
please contact Kate Langley, ICOM Coordinator at klangl2 at uic.edu or
312-996-0859.

--
Kate Langley