[Rasch] chi-square in rasch model

Juanito Talili talilij at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 21:55:07 EST 2008

On 31 july 2008, I wrote:

1. Below is taken from winsteps outputs.  The chi-square for the  RSM is
significant (p<.05).  What does it mean?  That is, what hypothesis is
tested.

1975 DATA POINTS. APPROXIMATE LOG-LIKELIHOOD CHI-SQUARE: 2121.34

2. The log likelihood chisquares for the two RSMs are highly significant.
The chi-square difference was highly significant. What does it mean?

Hi Juanito--did you get an answer to your questions? If so, could you pass them
along please?

Reply: Unfortunately, nobody cares to answer the question. We hope this would be answered by Winsteps users.

Thanks.
Juanito

Hi Juanito--did you get an answer to your questions? If so, could you pass them
along please?
Thanks,
Larry Ludlow
 |  On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
 |  Juanito Talili <talilij at yahoo.com> wrote:
 |  Dear Rasch modelers,
 |
 |  Just a few questions:
 |
 |  1. Below is taken from winsteps outputs.  The chi-square for the  RSM is
significant (p<.05).  What does it mean?  That is, what hypothesis is
tested.

 |  1975 DATA POINTS. APPROXIMATE LOG-LIKELIHOOD CHI-SQUARE: 2121.34
 |
 |  2. The log likelihood chisquares for the two RSMs are highly significant.
The chi-square difference was highly significant. What does it mean?

 |  Thanks.
 |  JT

Larry H. Ludlow, Ph.D.
Professor, The Lynch School of Education
Chair, The Department of Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation
Boston College
Campion Hall 336C
140 Commonwealth Ave
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467-3813