[Rasch] General Procedure for Testing Validity and Reliability Using Rasch

Michael Lamport Commons commons at tiac.net
Fri Aug 15 04:39:07 EST 2008

For difficulty, we have found that the order of the hierarchical
complexity predicts with an r over .85 the rasch scaled scores.  When we
include other variables, we bump the multiple r up to as high as .992.
The order of the hierarchical complexity is a property of a task
completely independent of the Rasch measures.  It yields a value on an
ordinal scale between 0 and 14.  It does not require norms so it is
absolute in that sense.

Michael Lamport Commons