[Rasch] strategic recruitment exercise at HKIEd

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Wed Feb 27 12:15:24 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

You might like to be aware that the Hong Kong Institute of Education
is launching a strategic recruitment exercise to enhance its research
and development capacity and in support of the strategic directions
set out in its Development Blueprint 2007-2017. We have in mind the
appointment of a number of Chair Professors and Professors who can
provide strong academic leadership and promote teaching and research
scholarship for various subject discipline areas, as well as our
identified 'Key Research Areas' and other areas of strength.

General information about HKIEd can be found at http://www.ied.edu.hk

We currently run an EdD in Educational Measurement and Assessment and
have "Learning and Assessment" as a crucial KRA (Key Research Areas)
- amongst others -  but are looking at strategic appointments right
across the areas of expertise relevant to a university of education.

If you have any suggestions about some (potentially) high-flying
colleague(s) who might like a fresh look at a rewarding and
challenging position where East meets West, pls email me off-list:
tbond at ied.edu.hk

With collegial thanks
TGB

--