[Rasch] PROMS 2008 - Call for Papers

Jim Sick jimsick at iname.com
Wed Jan 9 00:49:32 EST 2008

Friends and colleagues,

The PROMS 2008-Tokyo call for papers has officially opened. The
conference will be held at Ochanomizu University in Tokyo, August 1-3,
with Rasch workshops scheduled for July 31. The deadline for proposal
submissions is February 28th. All abstracts will be solicited and
reviewed through our website, which can be accessed at:

www.proms-tokyo.org  (the url will immediately redirect)

The PROMS 2008 website was created using Open Conference Systems, an
open source web publishing tool created by the Public Knowledge Project
<http://pkp.sfu.ca/>. From the web site, each PROMS 2008 participant can
create a user account, submit presentation proposals for review,
volunteer to be a reviewer, manage and review proposals online, as well
as pay registration fees via credit card. Please have a look around the
website and create a user account. If you can volunteer some time to
review and comment on a few proposals, please tick the "reviewer" role
when you create your user accounts The website will be updated regularly
as we get further information on invited speakers, scheduled events, and
symposium sponsors, so check back regularly.

We look forward to your participation in the symposium, and a chance to
show you a bit of Tokyo.

The PROMS 2008 organizing Team

Jim Sick,  J.F. Oberlin University, Tokyo
Edward Schaefer, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo
Christopher Weaver, Jissen Women's University
Jeff Durand, Kanda University of International Studies

Please direct PROMS 2008 correspondence to:  proms at windshimmer.com