[Rasch] Rasch and Missing data

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 02:42:19 EST 2008

Hello Anthony,
In addition it is clear that we can take this up to the limit. A "clever" student may analyze the full set of items, and so he decides to answer only one where he is completely certain to have the correct answer and he gets 1/1: a perfect score indeed!.
I must say that we had this type of "clever" patterns in teacher's evaluation (teachers are more difficult to evaluate and measure than students), so we decided not to consider the blank answers as missing but as wrong. You can do this with Winsteps for instance. Some people considers this as a penalty for missing responses, and so illegal, be careful.
Regards
Agustin

FAMILIA DE PROGRAMAS KALT.
Ave. Cordillera Occidental  No. 635
Colonia  Lomas 4ª San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí.
C.P.  78216   MEXICO
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 76
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 77
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 78