[Rasch] Re: Rasch Digest, Vol 36, Issue 7

Agustin Tristan ici_kalt at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 23:05:04 EST 2008

Hello Joe. The problem you are mentioning is related to sample size. The problem is when you choose a sub-sample of 1000, why not 500? why not 2000? As we had the same problem in the past, I´ve proposed a normalization, to have always the same reference, please see http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt203e.htm where I show DIF analysis with huge and small samples once they are normalized.
Hope this helps.
Agustin

FAMILIA DE PROGRAMAS KALT.
Ave. Cordillera Occidental  No. 635
Colonia  Lomas 4ª San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí.
C.P.  78216   MEXICO
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 76
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 77
 (52) (444) 8 25 50 78