[Rasch] Fitting the RM

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jul 8 04:39:16 EST 2008

Of course Anthony,
Your observation is correct. Given that we 'analyse data using the
Rasch model', I would never use 'the test was fitted to the Rasch
model'. (I hope!)

We can often use terms inappropriately - e.g., accuracy and
precision, but that does not excuse us. We should always try to use
terms accurately where possible - esp. where particular usage is
important and distinctive.
Best
TGB

--