[Rasch] Re: consistency of markers across years

Ian Wilson I.Wilson at uws.edu.au
Tue Jul 22 16:08:26 EST 2008

HI Jason

A little over 12 months ago a colleague of mine in New Zealand presents
data on stringency and leniency in assessors in a medical assessment
over a 5 (maybe 3) year period.  He used z-scores above and below the
mean assessor score for a given station to categorise people as hawks
and doves.

Across time he was able to show that the majority of people were
consistency hawks or doves - however there was a small but significant
group that went from hawk to dove and back (or vice versa).  The swings
in this group were quite wide.

So for the majority the hawkishness or doveishness were consistent
across time.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Wilson