[Rasch] CTT vs Rasch

Mike Linacre (RMT) rmt at rasch.org
Mon Jun 9 20:17:12 EST 2008

Thank you for your question, Juanito.

Ben Wright's summary of raw-scores vs. linear measures at
http://www.rasch.org/rmt/rmt61n.htm may help.

For the test constructor, an obvious advantage of Rasch is the ease with
which Rasch methods accommodate missing data.

For the consumer of test results, an obvious advantage is that Rasch
produces pictures (maps) of performances and of the latent variables.

Also

At 6/9/2008, you wrote:
>I solicit your kind help to please share to me online papers/articles
>discussing the advantages of Rasch over the classical test theory(CTT);
>the things that can be done by Rasch but not with the CTT.

Mike Linacre
Editor, Rasch Measurement Transactions
rmt at rasch.org www.rasch.org/rmt/ Latest RMT:  21:4 Spring 2008