[Rasch] Rasch interval scaling

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 21:05:07 EST 2008

Dear Folks,
  I have “discovered” something. Just wanted to check if it makes sense. Please comment if this is relevant.
  In the Rasch’s basic formulation, [P(X=1) = exp (delta-beta)/1+exp (delta-beta)], the probability of a correct reply increases as delta increases relative to beta (although not monotonically).
  I believe this is the reason why one can argue that Rasch scaling is a kind of interval scaling.
  This is also consistent with conjoint measurement theory.
  Is this right?
  Cheers
  Anthony