[Rasch] New Issue Available - Journal of Applied Measurement

Ev Smith evsmith at uic.edu
Fri May 16 05:57:58 EST 2008

>The latest issue of the Journal of Applied Measurement (Vol. 9, No. 2) is
>now available.  The contents of this issue are listed below.  If you have
>not seen the journal, sample copies are available on request.
>Sample copies may be requested by e-mail.  Please address those requests
>to the editor.  If you think that
>your students would find the work published in JAM useful, we can also
>arrange for sample copies for your measurement classes.  Contact
>information for sample copies is listed below.
>
>Please visit our web page at
><http://www.jampress.org>http://www.jampress.org for a complete list of
>articles published in JAM and the abstracts for the articles listed below.
>
>Please do not reply to this message, as it will be distributed to the
>entire list-serve.
>
>Vol. 9, No. 2, Summer 2008
>
>Effects of Varying Magnitude and Patterns of Response Dependence in the
>Unidimensional Rasch Model
>         Ida Marais and David Andrich
>Fisher's Information Function and Rasch Measurement
>        Mark H. Stone
>A Rasch Analysis for Classification of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and
>Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
>       Kyle Perkins, Robert W. Hoffman, and Nikolaus Bezruczko
>Magnitude Estimation and Categorical Rating Scaling in Social Sciences: A
>Theoretical and Psychometric Controversy
>       Svetlana Beltyukova, Gregory E. Stone, and Christine M. Fox
>Impact of Altering Randomization Intervals on Precision of Measurement and
>Item Exposure
>       Timothy Muckle, Betty Bergstrom, Kirk Becker, and John Stahl
>Rasch Measurement in Developing Faculty Ratings of Student s Appl ying to
>Graduate School
>       Sooyeon Kim and Patrick C. Kyllonen
>Understanding Rasch Measurement:  Using Rasch Scaled Stage Scores to
>Validate Orders of Hierarchical Complexity of Balance Beam Task Sequences
>       Michael Lamport Commons, Eric Andrew Goodheart, Alexander Pekker,
> Theo Linda Dawson,
>       Karen Draney, and  Kathryn Marie Adams
>--
>Richard M. Smith, Editor
>Journal of Applied Measurement
>
>P.O. Box 1283
>Maple Grove, MN 55311 USA
>(JAM web site)
>http://www.jampress.org
>voice: 763-268-2282 (w)
>fax: 763-268-2782

Everett Smith, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
Director, Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics, and Assessment Lab (
http://www.uic.edu/depts/educ/mesalab/)
Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Measurement ( http://www.jampress.org)
For the Ph.D. in MESA visit http://www.uic.edu/educ/epsy/mesa.html
University of Illinois at Chicago