[Rasch] ICOM Call for Papers: Deadline June 6th

Ev Smith evsmith at uic.edu
Wed May 28 12:16:56 EST 2008

>**************                CALL FOR PAPERS               **************
>
>International Conference on Outcomes Measurement (ICOM)
>Deadline June 6, 2008
>
>The International Conference on Outcomes Measurement (ICOM), to be held
>September 11-13, 2008 in Bethesda, Maryland, is currently seeking paper
>and poster submissions on issues employing IRT/Rasch Measurement.  Also
>referred to as "modern measurement," IRT/Rasch is revolutionizing the
>development, analysis, and use of patient-reported screening and outcome
>assessments.  Don't miss this landmark conference featuring top
>psychometricians and behavioral health researchers.
>
>The primary focus of ICOM is behavioral health, especially substance
>abuse, but papers with particularly interesting methodological insights
>are also welcome even if they address other substantive areas. The Call
>for Papers deadline is June 6, 2008.  Please visit the ICOM website at
>www.icom-2008.org to access the full Call for Papers and submit an
>abstract.
>
>ICOM's theme this year is "Behavioral Health Measurement: From Theory to
>Application."  We will review the science behind the measurement of
>important constructs in substance use and behavioral health research,
>while also exploring opportunities to improve the field with the new tools
>available in psychometrics. Included among the speakers are: David
>Andrich, Darrell Bock, Stephen Butler, David Cella, Kendon Conrad, Karon
>Cook, Kimberly Davis, Ann Doucette, Michael Dennis, Susan Embretson,
>Christine Fox, Michael Fendrich, Robert Gibbons, Ronald Hambleton, Donald
>Hedeker, Allen Heinemann, Thomas McLellan, Paul Pilkonis, Steven Reise,
>Barth Riley, Matthias Rose, Everett Smith, Richard Smith, A. Jackson
>Stenner, Alan Tennant, David Thissen, Otto Walter, John Ware, and Mark
>Wilson.
>
>Hosted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the NIH Office of
>Behavioral and Social Science Research (OBSSR), and the University of
>Illinois at Chicago, ICOM will be held at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda, just
>outside of Washington, D.C.  The conference will also hold workshop
>sessions on September 9th, 10th, and 13th. We have just added a new
>pre-session workshop opportunity. For more information about our workshop
>sessions, and program agenda please visit www.icom-2008.org.  You can also
>reserve a room at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda with the special ICOM rate,
>if you book your lodging by August.  Our website has more information
>about accommodations.
>
>Should you have any questions, please contact Kate Langley, ICOM
>Coordinator, at klangl2 at uic.edu or 312-996-0859.

Everett Smith, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Educational Psychology
Director, Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics, and Assessment Lab (
http://www.uic.edu/depts/educ/mesalab/)
Associate Editor, Journal of Applied Measurement ( http://www.jampress.org)
For the Ph.D. in MESA visit http://www.uic.edu/educ/epsy/mesa.html
University of Illinois at Chicago