[Rasch] Pairwise comparisons

Donald Bacon dbacon at du.edu
Mon Sep 1 08:25:05 EST 2008

Hi Raschers --
   I'm working on a project that involves pairwise comparisons.  There are so many objects that I'm afraid I'll have too many comparisons for each respondent to rate (I'm worried about fatigue).  There must be a systematic way to divide the comparisons, so I can show some comparisons to some respondents and other comparisons to other respondents.  I don't think I will need individual estimates of the pairwise comparisons, just group-level estimates.
   Does anyone know of a citation that might be useful to me?

Thanks --

Don Bacon
Professor of Marketing
University of Denver