[Rasch] Fit statistics

Nazila Amrahi nazilamarch at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 00:47:28 EST 2009

Dear all,

I wonder whether you have any idea about the criteria proposed by Smith (1998) regarding fit statistics. I don't have the paper but it seems that the issue is discussed in:

Smith, R.M., Schumacker, R.E. and Bush, M.J. 1998: Using item mean squares to evaluate fit to the Rasch model. Journal of outcome Measurement 2, 66-78.

Moreover, what is "overall (chi-square based) summary tests of fit"  (in Rum 2020) ? What are the ideal and accepted values? How should it be interpreted?

I'd be grateful if you help me out.

All the best,
Nazila