[Rasch] RSM/PCM Paper

adam naples adam.naples at yale.edu
Fri Dec 25 15:19:41 EST 2009

I just found this the other day.

Hope it helps
-a

Parent ratings of the ADHD items of the disruptive behavior rating scale: Analyses of their IRT properties based on the generalized partial credit model.

R Gomez.

Personality and Individual Differences (2008) vol. 45 (2) pp. 181-186

http://www.scopus.com/record/display.url?fedsrfIntegrator=MEKPAPERS-SCOCIT&origin=fedsrf&view=basic&eid=2-s2.0-43649093120

Abstract
Generalized partial credit model (GPCM), which is based on item response theory (IRT), was used to evaluate the psychometric prop- erties for the DSM-IV inattention (IA) and hyperactivity/impulsivity (HI) items for boys and girls. To accomplish this, parents com- pleted the disruptive behavior rating scale (DBRS; Barkley & Murphy, 1998) for 403 boys and 380 girls, between 6 and 11 years of age. The results for the slope parameters showed that for both groups, all items were generally good for discriminating their respective latent traits. The results for the location parameters in both groups showed that endorsement of higher ratings of all the items in the DBRS would require a considerable amount of the relevant latent traits (IA or HI) to be present. Thus there was good support for the psychometric properties for the ADHD items in the DBRS. These findings extend existing data on the psychometric properties of ADHD rating scales. Ó 2008 Published by Elsevier Ltd.

On Dec 24, 2009, at 6:10 PM, SR Millis wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> We used the Rasch partial credit model to analysis the NIHSS:
>
> Measurement properties of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale for people with right- and left-hemisphere lesions: further analysis of the clomethiazole for acute stroke study-ischemic (class-I) trial.
>
> Millis SR, Straube D, Iramaneerat C, Smith EV Jr, Lyden P.
>
> Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007 Mar;88(3):302-8.
>
> Let me know if you'd like a copy of it.
>
> Best,
> Scott Millis

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.security at yale.edu and destroy this message.

Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email, please contact the sender immediately.