[Rasch] Difficulty & fit

Anthony James luckyantonio2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 20:45:13 EST 2009

Dear folks,
In an analysis I have found out that the most and the least difficult items misfit.
Are fit and difficulty related, happened by chance in my analysis or is it an artifact of fit analysis in general?
Why should easy and difficult items misfit.
I have also seen this in principal component analysis of Rasch residulas, where the opposing clusters are easy and difficult items.
These remind me of deficiencies associated with classical factor analysis in which factors cab be merely difficulty factors.

Cheers
Anthony