[Rasch] Sign up for PROMS 2009 in Hong Kong

Trevor Bond trevor.bond at jcu.edu.au
Mon Feb 16 11:46:54 EST 2009

Dear Rasch Colleagues,

Please consider joining other Rasch measurement enthusiasts in Hong Kong for
the Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium – July 28, 29 & 30, 2009.
Our concept of the Pacific Rim is very broad – we already have proposals from
Serbia, South Africa, Germany, & the UK, as well as from SE Asia.

Here is the link to the PROMS web-site:
http://www.promshk.org

and the note of welcome from the PROMS co-chairs, HKIEd’s Profs Mok and
Wang!
It is our great pleasure to welcome you to the Pacific Rim Objective
Measurement Symposium 2009 (PROMS 2009) Hong Kong, to be held in Hong
Kong on 28, 29 & 30 July 2009, with workshops scheduled on 27 July 2009.
The Centre for Assessment Research and Development (CARD) and the
Department of Educational Psychology, Counselling and Learning Needs (EPCL)
of The Hong Kong Institute of Education are delighted to have the opportunity to
co-host the scientific event for PROMS 2009 HK. We count on your participation
to make this event successful.

PROMS 2009 HK focuses on recent advances of objective measurement. It aims
to provide an international forum for discourse on the latest research in using
Rasch measurement as a tool for scientific progress. You are invited to join with
a panel of distinguished researchers and other practitioners to share their
expertise and your experiences in objective measurement.
Hong Kong is the host city for PROMS 2009 HK. We promise you memorable
experiences in this vibrant international city of the Asia Pacific where East meets
West.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hong Kong.

Magdalena Mo Ching MOK & Wen Chung WANG,
Conference Co-Chairs, PROMS 2009 HK

You might think that the future of Rasch measurement is in the US or Europe –
you might just be wrong! ;-)

Trevor
PROMS HK 2009 Honorary Adviser